DEPARTMENT OF INDUSTRIES AND COMMERCE,
GOVERNMENT OF TELANGANA
solar power capacity per unit
area of land mass
Industry outlook, Opportunity in Telangana
Telangana has a vast solar potential estimated at 20.41 GW and a wind energy potential of 4.2 GW. Telangana has a total installed capacity of 4,036 MW renewable energy power, including solar energy at 3,583 MW and wind energy of 128 MW besides contribution from other renewable energy sources.
Installed capacity of grid interactive renewable power:
(Source: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy- state data, dated 31.03.2020)
- #1 Ranked state in Waste to Energy 52 MW
- #2 Ranked state of India in terms of solar power capacity per unit area of land mass. (Source: Ministry of New and Renewable Energy – state data, dated 31.03.2020)
- #6 Ranked state in India with 106 LEED certified green building projects in 2019 with 44mn st built up area.
Telangana is planning to achieve 5 gigawatts (GW) of renewable energy capacity by 2020, and the state is planning to release a tender for setting up of around 1000 MW (1 GW) of solar power generation capacity.
The state has adopted decentralized distributed solar installation projects, as opposed to the solar park model. Barring one Project, in which more than 100 MW of solar capacity is located, the state had encouraged projects across over 180 locations, instead of concentration of projects at one location as in solar parks.
The Telangana State Renewable Energy Development Corporation Limited (TSREDCO) has been nominated as “Nodal Agency” for implementation of New & Renewable Energy Programs in Telangana State.
Objectives of TSREDCO:
- Generate electricity through renewable sources like wind and solar on decentralized manner.
- Conserve energy in rural areas.
- Import and adopt viable technology and machinery in the areas of Non-conventional energy sources and ensures post installation service.
- Impart training and to promote research and development in the field of Non-conventional energy sources.
- Solar Energy Program
- Biogas and National Biogas Manure & Management Program.
- Energy Conservation Program.
- Wind Energy.
- Biomass Energy.
- Industrial waste to energy.
- Sustainable Innovation Summit.
Installation of Continuous Monitoring systems by the Industries
Telangana State Pollution Control Board (TSPCB) has issued directions to various industries for installation of Online Continuous stack and ambient air quality monitoring equipments by 17 category of polluting industries such as Power plants, Cement plants, Sugar and distilleries, etc., and IP cameras by pharma industries, who have ZLD facilities or members of common ETP. Accordingly, 342 units have installed an online continuous stack emission and effluent monitoring system and they have been connected to the TSPCB server to track pollution levels. In addition to the above, the TSPCB has also installed 6 Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Stations (CAAQMS) at
- Sanath Nagar
- Hyderabad Central Laboratory
- Zoo Park
- Bachupally Bollaram
TSPCB has procured two Real Time Water Quality Monitoring Station (RTWQMS) and installed at
- Buddha Purnima Project, Hussainsagar to assess the lake water quality continuously.
- Fathenagar Nala to monitor the water quality continuously and also to check any discharges like sewage and industrial effluents.
e-Waste Centre of Excellence
Self-sustaining ecosystem capable of managing India’s e-waste.
To lead transformation by creating a conducive e-Waste management environment which nurtures innovation, entrepreneurship, and capability building.
- Facilitate partnership with the academia, startups, industry and government to translate ideas into products and build affordable technology solutions.
- Conduct training/workshops to educate and train human resources already engaged or seeking employment in the areas of recycling, refurbishing, dismantling, etc.
- Establish necessary infrastructure to enable R&D, Innovation, Product Development, and Testing for researchers, entrepreneurs, early start-ups, and SME’s.
- Drive e-waste recycling and refurbishing to support “Swachh Bharat Mission” and “Make in India”
Got questions on Policy Suggestions & Clarifications, Unsolicited Proposal Submissions, Grievance Collections
Click on the button below and share your queries with us!
Investing in us?
Please get in touch with us by sharing your details and our team will reach out to assist you with the same.
Click on the button below!
Invest Telangana Cell,
Industries & Commerce (I&C) Department,
5th Floor, BRKR Bhavan, Hyderabad,
Should you have any questions, or wish to speak to our Qualified Financial Advisors at Telangana, Please Contact Us.